Do you meet the requirements of a qualified Trainer and Assessor?
The new qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment has been deemed not equivalent to the superseded qualification TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
According to the Standards for RTOs 2015 – RTOs must ensure that all trainers and assessors undertake professional development in the fields of the knowledge and practice of vocational training, learning and assessment including competency based training and assessment.
Show your commitment to ongoing professional development by holding the most current training and assessment qualification.
Compliance with Standards for RTOs 2015
The recent amendment to the Standards for RTOs 2015 has changed the minimum qualifications required of trainers and assessors within the vocational education and training sector:
Standard 1.14: From 1 April 2019, training and assessment must only be delivered by persons who have either:
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment; or
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment PLUS unit TAELLN411/TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills PLUS unit TAEASS502/TAEASS502A/TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools; or
- A diploma or higher level qualification in adult education.
Standard 1.15: From 1 April 2019, persons conducting assessments only must have either:
- One of the qualification sets listed above; or
- TAESS00011 Assessor Skill Set (comprising units TAEASS401, TAEASS402, TAEASS403 and TAEASS502); or
- TAESS00001 Assessor Skill Set (comprising units TAEASS401B, TAEASS402B, TAEASS403B) PLUS unit TAEASS502/TAEASS502A/TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
How can PPD Training Help?
One of the few private RTOs in Western Australia approved to deliver the new qualification TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, PPD Training can help you upgrade using a streamlined credit transfer, Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and optional gap-training process.
Contact us today for more information.